Kumon Learning Centers
The Kumon objectives were simple enough.
• Generate brand awareness
• Drive student enrollment
• Build franchise footprint
Why wasn’t Kumon getting to where wanted to go?
First we went to school on their marketing rights and wrongs. We did a deep analysis of Kumon’s past media channels with an eye on lead attribution. Using 2 years of data, this is what we found: Kumon had done a lot of things right, but had also left a lot of opportunity on the table. Awareness was good, but sales attribution was low.
A clear strategy emerged
Kumon knew it’s audience. What they didn’t know was how to reach them. Using Nielsen and ComScore data, we created a media matrix that kept Kumon in front of their target.
Using a multi-level messaging approach, we were able to move Kumon’s target audience from awareness to active to enrollment and even further franchise purchases.
1st Year Results
Very good. But not good enough!
We continued to study lead flow. But in year two, that study was dedicated to eliminating inefficient media channels. And then we kicked it into high gear
• Implemented national awareness campaign to drive upper funnel awarenss
• Apply added pressure to local markets where needed
• Increased digital presence to capture a higher SOV
• Optimized digital spending against a higher lead converting model