QuickChek is a routine for most people. A coffee or breakfast stop. Lunch on the go. Picking up traditional convenience store items on the way home. Keeping QC top of mind was the client’s objective.
A. Drive awareness for the chain
B. Stimulate single-store sales
C. An SOS for problem stores in case A & B aren’t enough
Meeting the objective isn’t enough for us. Especially in this case. Especially against competitors like WaWa and Speedway.
What we did: We got in the trenches
• Developed a mass awareness campaign flexible enough to impact sales at the store level
• Localized secondary media to impact individual stores
• Created LSM promotions for suggestive selling
• Developed partnerships for cross-promotion
Radio is at the core of QC’s effort.
It delivers reach and frequency for the budget.
• It’s the only mass media flexible enough to be engaged for promotions and opportunities.
• Outdoor also plays an important role. We overlayed QC’s location map with billboards in proximity to stores. And FYI? You can optimize outdoor, too. We were able to decrease that by 30% with only a 3% impression loss.
"We’re always looking for ways to extend the market awareness and messaging into local store selling. The results speak for themselves, especially in the past 3 years."